Wednesday 15 April 2009

Phone re-mumbers

When I went to Kindergarten, I took a suitcase with me. Inside was my lunch, pens, books and my phone number and bus number, written on the inside of the lid in permanent texta.

Since I was only five, I can probably be forgiven for not being able to remember my phone number (or my two digit bus number either apparently) but I don't really have that excuse anymore. So now I blame my mobile phone - I don't know my own phone number.

Pretty sad. I think I no longer feel compelled to make the effort to remember numbers because my mobile 'remembers' them for me, which is great until it dies in the middle of civic and I can't ring anyone. That's why pay phones are dying out - not because people don't need them but because when they do, they are incapable of dialing except in random number mashing, constantly trying several random digits in the hope that eventually someone they actually know will pick up. If infinate people in infinate phoneboxes randomly rung phone numbers for an infinate time... well, no-one would pick up because we'd all be on the phone answering infinate phonecalls....

No comments:

Post a Comment