Tuesday 26 May 2009

The Other White Flu

Well, my brother in law is awaiting his final lab results. Will it be H1N1? Will it be the boring old version of the flu? Will it be a brand new superflu, previously unnamed (and hereby known as Murphy's Flu)?

Time will tell. Here is a snippet from 'New Scientist' that kind of explains what the fuss is all about http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/05/so-is-it-a-pandemic-or-not.html

On an unrelated note, my two favorite bank robbers are apparently living it up in China. The girl's sister facebooked (is that a verb?) her status, enjoying the sun and a local asian beer.

Of course, I'm still not convinced that it's robbery when you actually give someone the money and they run off with it. It's kind of your own fault - I'm pretty sure I couldn't walk up to someone who asked for me for money, give them a couple of thousand and then chase them two hours later with police to demand it back and ask for them to be charged because I was only meant to give them two dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment